I’ve surveyed readers many times and this is the question that everyone asks for information on. As a result it’s been a major theme of my blogging here at ProBlogger with hundreds of posts written on the topic.
I’ll highlight some of the best ones below but also check out thefinding readers category of the ProBlogger Podcastand theBlog Promotion category of the blog.
Here are some of the ‘classic’ posts on the topic of how to build your blog’s readership from the archives:
How to Find Readers for Your Blog
- How I’d Promote My Blog if I Were Starting Out Again
- 19 Strategies for Finding Readers for Your Blog– an attempt to summarize everything I know about building a blog’s readership
- An Introduction to Linkbaiting– a short series (3 posts)defining linkbaiting, looking atmotivations for itand looking atlinkbait techniques.
- Finding Readers for Your Blog– a post on what we wish we knew about building blog traffic when we first started blogging
- How to Market Your Blog in 2007– a timeless post from Tony Hung
- 23 Ideas for Finding New Readers for Your Blog– readers give their tips on the topic
- Being ‘Discovered’ vs ‘Slow and Steady’ Blog Growth– there’s more than one way to grow a blog’s traffic
- Purple Cow Blogging– How to Stand Out from the Crowd in a cluttered blogosphere
How to Keep and Leverage Traffic Once it Comes
- Converting One Off Visitors to Your Blog into Regular Readers– How to make your blog Sticky to visitors who wouldn’t normally stay around
- How to Surf Blog Traffic Tsunamis– what to do when a wave of traffic comes your blog’s way
- How to Increase a Blog’s Page Views– getting readers to explore more page on your blog can be tough – here’s some strategies on how to do it
- How to Get Eyeballs on Your Archives– drive people deep within your blog
- 34 Reasons Why Readers Unsubscribe from Your Blog– the results of a reader survey
Using Social Media Sites to Build Readership
- 7 Ways to Get to the Top of the del.icio.us Popular Page– Techniques that actually work for many social bookmarking sites
- How to Build a Digg Culture on Your Blog– leveraging the power of Digg to grow your traffic and readership